Monday 27 December 2010

And so, the end is near

As the challenge draws to a close, time to reflect on a successful year of running:


  • In March, my first half marathon, in Milton Keynes, in a very respectable time of 2:04:20;


  • In May, comfortably my fastest 10k so far in the BUPA 10000 in London, finishing in 54:19;


  • In September, a very enjoyable New Forest Half Marathon where I broke the 2 hours barrier, finishing in 1:59:37;


  • and as a bonus, a new 10k PB of 53:30 in the UNICEF Hong Kong Disneyland 10k;


  • added to which, with the help of my sponsors - thank you - I raised £335 for the Cure Parkinson's Trust.















At the time of writing I've reached a total of 819 miles for the year, comfortably beating my 750 mile target and my 601 mile total for last year.


I've run those miles at an average pace of 9:39 minutes per mile, faster than last year, and averaged nearly 5 miles per run, again more than last year's 3.6 miles per run.


Hopefully this all sets me up well for next year's marathon and 1000 mile challenge, which I'm running for Practical Action and CLIC Sargent.

No comments:

Post a Comment